Session 1 Preparation
All individual coaching is custom-designed for the recipient and based on meeting them where they are. Your coach will ask questions, listen and discern your particular needs during a 30-minute phone call.
At the end of this initial session you and your coach will decide if scheduling a deeper vocation vision session will be helpful. If so, your coach will discuss any follow-up exercises, possible fees and other resources that will help you.
Session 1 Agenda
- Introduction to Coaching Process
- Overview of Career Background
- Coaching Questions to Uncover Needs
- Decide to Continue Meeting (or not)
*after you schedule your introductory call, you will receive an automatic email response confirming your meeting time and including a link to the online coaching preparation exercises.
Session 2 Preparation
- Online Self-Assessment of:
- DISC Behavioral Style
- Driving Forces
Session 2 Agenda
- Review Results of Exercises
- Long-Term Trajectory & Goal Setting
- Understanding of Self
- Vocational Sweetspot
- Decide to meet again or not
At the end of this longer session which typically takes between 60 and 90 minutes, an individual can expect to come away with a fuller understanding of themselves including: career goals, strengths, weaknesses, skills, interests and the role that personal finances play into the big picture.
Session 3 & Beyond:
Next Steps & Opportunity Debriefing
Self-discovery takes time and it's not a process that is easy to put a time limit on. Future ongoing check-in sessions with your coach are always welcome and included in your initial coaching fee.
Some of the steps that we talk about and help with are:
- Career plan creation
- Long-term financial security planning
- Business ownership as a blessing to your community
- Education plan creation
- Opportunity exploration & discovery
- Resume writing and Interview skill development
- Informational interviewing and help finding mentors