Topic: Politics and Discipleship
Many followers of Christ struggle in their engagement with politics, lacking either deep conviction or civil discourse. Join us for our North Phoenix Surge Gathering to discuss how engagement in politics is an important part of our discipleship, not just in the policies we support, but also in our manner of discourse.
As followers of Christ, we have the opportunity to engage in the political process with wisdom, humility, nuance, and as a means of loving our neighbors. We hope to follow Jesus beyond the categories of “Left” and “Right,” and gain a vision politics that honors God and blesses others.
Questions that will be addressed:
- - What is the role of the church? What is the role of the state?
- - How should the Bible inform our political engagement?
- - What are the idols of the “Left” and “Right”?
- - Why should we care about politics?
- - What does healthy political discourse look like?